Organ-on-a-Chip Three Minute Film Competition
Present your research in a short video and stand a chance to win: Judges' Choice - £100 & a year Lab on a Chip subscription; People's Choice - £50; plus certificates.
Entry deadline: 11 April 2021
Calling all Early Career Researchers!
This is a fantastic opportunity to present your research in an exciting and unique way. Explain your research or organ-on-a-chip in general through a video of three minutes or less. Videos must be easy to understand and interesting to public audiences, helping to convey the importance of organ-on-a-chip research. Be creative! Videos can take any form you like, it could be an interview, an animation, a demonstration or even a song! Maybe try out your film with friends and family to see what they think?
Who can participate?
This is open to any early career stage OOACT Network member. You can work alone or in groups of up to five. All participants must be OOACT Network members. Register to join the network.
- Videos can be submitted as individuals or teams of up to five people.
- ALL entrants must be OOACT Network Members. Lead entrant must be an Early Career Researcher.
- Videos will be posted on the Network YouTube account, so do not present unpublished or sensitive data that you do not want made publicly available.
- Videos must be no longer than three minutes.
- Entrants must agree to the competition terms and conditions.
- Participants can submit more than one entry.
- Judges' choice video: £100 voucher. The winning entrant will also receive a free year-long e-subscription to Lab on a Chip, generously donated by the journal.
- People's choice video: £50 voucher.
- All winning entrants will receive a certificate to add to their academic portfolios.
Videos will be assessed by a panel of judges. The people's choice will be selected by the number of YouTube "likes" your video receives so please ‘share’ with as many people as possible. The winners will be announced at a live streaming of selected entries in May.
How to Enter
- Ensure you read and accept the competition terms and conditions.
- Upload your entry video onto your YouTube channel and make sure the video settings are NOT private. You can have the video "unlisted" if you like. You will be asked to provide the YouTube link to your video when completing your entry form.
- Complete the online entry form. You will be asked for your OOACT Network login membership details to access and complete the form. If you are not a member, please register.
- Please submit your entry before midnight on 11 April 2021.
If you have any questions about this competition, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org